CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 13, 2011

David and Goliath

Ok, it's Sunday so I had to use a bible reference.

My husband and I picked three new/old pieces up at our favorite Queen Creek supplier, whose location I will never reveal. I could tell you but then I would have to kill you :)

Amidst the dust and... ahem... a few "deposits" from his new dog, we found an old cabinet and a newer mirror and dresser. Both the mirror and dresser were large, and we decided we would pair them up.

We got two custom furniture orders while we were shopping and came home to a mountain of work.

I just bought the best thing ever. Ever. Ever.

It's a pneumatic sprayer. I had heard that sprayer tend to clog, but as of yet, I have not had one clog. It's so much faster, the finish is so much cleaner, and I love it.

These two pieces were just finished yesterday.

Here is the before of the dresser... didn't take one of the mirror, but it was the same color:



And here are the "after" photos of the dresser and mirror. I call it Goliath because it ended up being the biggest piece I have ever finished. 88 inches tall!







Available now for $750
***SOLD***

The smaller piece, though it isn't small, looked like this before:



And after a coat or two of soft coastal blue, a little sanding and some wipe on poly, it looks like this:






This is available at $290
***SOLD***

I have a few more posts coming... one is an update on the house and one is more details on one of the big furniture orders we are just finishing! So check back soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment