CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 2, 2012

Holidays Done... New Small Project

Today I did a very small project to celebrate the return to real life after the holidays. The light over my front door drives me crazy.
Anything that reminds me of the previous owners really bums me out. And this light definitely does that.
I have been waiting to buy a new one but I rarely see wall mount exterior lights that I like. I also have to watch the budget.
My husband and I spent four hours raking leaves (a very unique experience in this part of the world), mowing and cleaning the yard this morning.
I came inside exhausted but the image of that light wouldn't leave my mind.
I decided to take it down and look at it.
The glass was seriously clouded with minerals and the cheap metal was rusting. I also have a strict policy to never use one of those high efficiency bulbs in a fixture where the bulb is exposed.
I sprayed Lime Away on the glass and cleaned the spiders and dust out of it. 
Than I sprayed it with ORB.
Voila!

Before

After

You can also see in this photo that, after we removed the ugly security doors the frame of the door was somewhat damaged.

We nailed down some new trim and painted it a fresh white.

Before


After

I love how fresh the entry now looks.

Here is a glimpse at the BEFORE before... like when we first moved in.


We actually have replaced those windows and are looking into ordering after-market mullions for them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment