CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 11, 2011

A rose by any other name...

I bought this at Goodwill for half price, though even at half price it was about $15 too much. But I took a chance on it, seeing that it had good potential.

Don't even get me started on Goodwill prices. Sometimes there will be an end table with dog chewed legs and warped laminate top for $150, and sometimes there will be a whole dining set for $25. Is it a calculated choice made by some manager? Or just over-worked warehouse guys marking randomly? Who knows... the mysteries of the universe.

So I brought this baby home and had my freakishly strong 12 year old daughter help me carry it in. It was super heavy.

Took off some ugly scalloped deals from the nineties, sanded, painted, painted, sanded, painted, sanded. Then I decided to doors needed something. I love this blog called the graphics fairy. She scans actual paper and cards and stuff so that she can get a large file so that her readers can print in larger sizes. It's all genuine vintage. I found a rose design from an old perfume ad that she had posted. I cut and decoupaged it onto the front, then used my cream paint to make a glaze to fade the colors. Then added many layers of clear matte spray paint.

I posted it on Craigslist an hour
ago
... wish me luck...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

0 comments:

Post a Comment