CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sewing... um.

Not a big seamstress. My mom is really great at it. Her sister, my aunt, is really good at it. My grandmother was the regional manager for Hancock Fabrics for a really long time. My mother in law and her sister and mother are uber-quilters and also make Elli her seasonal dresses.

So... I am literally surrounded by master seamstresses. Whenever I need help, I only need to call one of them up. And I have. Newells aunt Lorene helped me make a KING size quilt, all the squares were like one inch.

So endeavoring anything like this on my own is literally like riding a bike for the first time without training wheels.

Molly and I went on a junking trip all day on Monday. We hit a bunch of goodwills and went to SAS fabrics in Tempe. That place was a trip.

I picked up the material for the shiny, darted pillow for $3.99. Then at goodwill I got the stuffers for the two pillows for $4 for both. Then there were two thick woven cream place mats for $3.

I made these two pillows in about 15 minutes. The total cost was $11. For me, that's a little bit of a splurge. But they turned out nice.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

0 comments:

Post a Comment