CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lanette's Desk

Lanette, or as I like to call her, Lanetter, had this beaut in her driveway during Castlegate's big community sale.

It had been painted many, many times, and had become bumpy after all the coats.

I thought, no biggie, I will sand it.

Ya right.

It was like standing concrete. With rubber in it.

So I went to Home Depot and asked the nice girl in the orange apron what I should do. I was bummed that my favorite dude wasn't there to help. She grabbed a can of stripper and read the instructions out loud from the back. I listened carefully, hoping I could glean some knowledge from hearing it out loud that I might not get from reading it myself.

I took it home and followed the instructions. Four coats later, it was still not stripped.

So I whipped out my belt sander, which I hate to use because this tool that's supposed to save you time and energy actually takes quite a bit of time and energy to operate.

After some elbow grease, a few more layers of stripper, and some sighs of frustration, it was not where I wanted it to be, but as close as I felt I could get it and still make money on it.

So I painted it cream and distressed the knobs. I actually really love the way it looks. Thanks Lanetter...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

0 comments:

Post a Comment