CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Media Cabinet from the Early 1900's

That's right. Media cabinet. Can't you just imagine them? Sitting around a warm fire, knitting, emboidering, reading from the Good Book, and this piece holding up a 70 inch flat screen plasma.

Ok, so I called it a media cabinet, but it was probably some kind of dresser, console, buffet.


It was seriously broken, probably the most broken piece I have ever worked on. The top was off, there were pieces of trim missing, but the door face was CARVED wood, like, by hand. Not glued on appliques. And I knew it would be vintage and shabby, so the little imperfections were part of it's charm.

My dad teases me for my poor photography skills. I read some of the other blogs out there, especially the one's I follow, and I can't believe how professional the pictures look. I have had some seriously talented photographers give me tips, but it seems it is hopeless.

I took these pictures with my cell phone camera, with low battery, meaning no flash, at night. Awesome.

This one sold in less than 24 hours, and the return was about four times my investment.

After:

0 comments:

Post a Comment