CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mom's Redesign






My mom asked me to decorate a console table in her kitchen with "fresh eyes." She is a great designer herself, but we all get what I call "decor blind" with our own homes. We lose that fresh perspective.

I went in her craft room,which I will someday post a picture of because its a crafters dream, and dug through her cabinets. There was a bag full of moss green gems, a few small fake green apples, lichen moss, the clumpy expensive kind, a whole slew of beautiful glass ware, and candles galore.

I first filled the apothecary jar with the moss and kind of "buried" the apples in it.

Then I poured all the gems in another glass vase and pulled an old flower arrangement apart. All the flowers were orange, which I loved. I just pushed the stems into the gems. They made a perfect filler.

Then I put one of the adorable birdhouses that were already there on a candle holder and put a candle on one of her plates and put that on top of another cute distressed candle holder. Then I surrounded the candle with more of the moss.

Whew!


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

0 comments:

Post a Comment